Find a HVAC Profesional in Glenmont, Ohio
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your house. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important component of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The typical roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this will extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Glenmont, OH
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance company in Glenmont, OH, then our platform is the answer. The roofing companies you'll discover on Thumbtack have the knowledge and qualifications you need for your project. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.