Find a HVAC Profesional in Germantown, Ohio
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in Germantown, OH. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Germantown, OH
When you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Germantown, OH, then our platform is the answer. The roofing companies you'll discover on our site have the skills and qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.