Find a HVAC Profesional in Galloway, Ohio
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in Galloway, Ohio. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several factors that will influence the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Galloway, Ohio
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Galloway, Ohio. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, so you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and find the right candidate for your project.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Aside from having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free solution to find the right professionals for roofing maintenance services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our platform.