Find a HVAC Profesional in Farmersville, Ohio
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such an essential component of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather forecast in Farmersville, OH. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Farmersville, OH
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Farmersville, OH. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and hire the best candidate for the job.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free option to hire the right professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our app.