Find a HVAC Profesional in Evansport, Ohio
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could experience leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such an important component of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Evansport, OH. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Ohio // Evansport
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Evansport, OH
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Evansport, OH. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, book an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our app also collects useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of licensed roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair company can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by an expert. Regular maintenance services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.