Find a HVAC Profesional in Euclid, Ohio
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a good time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This means that winter could be a better time to schedule.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could get leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Euclid, Ohio
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Euclid, Ohio, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing experts featured on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of vetted roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious problem and requires attention immediately. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see that a few of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free way to hire the best professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our app.