Find a HVAC Profesional in Eaton, Ohio
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several factors that will influence the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Ohio // Eaton
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Eaton, OH
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Eaton, OH, then our platform is the answer. The roofing experts featured on Thumbtack have the experience you’re searching for. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our platform also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of licensed roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair company can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.