Find a HVAC Profesional in East Liverpool, Ohio
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in East Liverpool, OH. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this can really stall the job. If bad weather is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will determine the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Ohio // East Liverpool
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in East Liverpool, OH
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in East Liverpool, OH. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, so you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and hire the best candidate for your project.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair company can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient option to hire the right professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our platform.