Find a HVAC Profesional in Dayton, Ohio
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a common time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This means that waiting until winter could be a better time to call a contractor.
A lot of roofing companies have more down time during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire home. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Dayton, OH
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance companies in Dayton, OH. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell when you need roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
No one should put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified contractors ready to assist. With our streamlined platform, you can find the best roofing maintenance services in Dayton, OH. Get the premium roofing services you need for your house today.