Find a HVAC Profesional in Curtice, Ohio
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Curtice, OH. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a great job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will establish the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Ohio // Curtice
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Curtice, OH
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Curtice, OH. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and find the best candidate for the job.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed contractors ready to assist. With our powerful app, you can find quality roofing maintenance services in Curtice, OH. Get the premium roofing services you need for your property now.