Find a HVAC Profesional in Continental, Ohio
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a good time for a replacement, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a better time to book.
A lot of roofing companies have more down time during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important component of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Ohio // Continental
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Continental, Ohio
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Continental, Ohio. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, so you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and find the best candidate for the job.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention immediately. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by an expert. Routine maintenance services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free way to find the right contractors for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our app.