Find a HVAC Profesional in Collins, Ohio
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this will extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several things that will determine the overall cost. Generally, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Collins, OH
When you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair company in Collins, OH, then our platform is the answer. The roofing experts featured on our site have the knowledge and qualifications you’re looking for. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing repairs.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient solution to hire the right contractors for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.