Find a HVAC Profesional in Blacklick, Ohio
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a popular time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a more convenient time for an appointment.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Blacklick, OH
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Blacklick, OH. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, book an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's essential to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you notice some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free solution to find the best companies for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our app.