Find Window Air Conditioner Repair in Athens, Ohio
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Window Air Conditioner Repair Professionals nearWindow Air Conditioner Repair // Ohio // Athens
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT WINDOW AIR CONDITIONER REPAIR
Should I consider adding freon in my window air conditioner for more efficient cooling?
Your window air conditioner is probably a closed coolant system that shouldn't need replenishing with freon anytime throughout its lifespan. If it did need to be recharged, it usually means there is a leak within the unit, and you need a professional to handle the repairs. If the unit is not cooling properly, follow these recommended troubleshooting tips to help you understand if the issue is related to low freon or something more likely:
- Inspect for Leaks - Look for greasy spots on or beneath the machine and a musty or sweet smell. Freon is often imperceptible to the eyes and nose in the event of a leak, but a significant one may leave a detectable residue.
- Clean or Replace Filter - The maker of your specific model provides instructions on how to clean or replace the filter, which, when dirty and clogged, will lower the unit's performance.
- Inspect the Coils - The machine contains evaporator or condenser coils that also need to be kept clean to ensure it operates effectively.
- Check Ventilation - The condenser outside the appliance needs adequate airflow to work. Make sure that nothing is blocking the circulation, including plants or other materials, and remove them if so.
If you have zero experience carrying out these troubleshooting steps or are overwhelmed doing them alone, consider enlisting an expert to do it all for you. A window air conditioner repair professional in Athens, Ohio can pinpoint if one of these issues is impacting its performance or if escaping freon is indeed the culprit. An experienced contractor can also tell if the leak is the result of a faulty machine, possibly saving you money if it is still under warranty.
Is fixing my window air conditioning unit a worthwhile investment?
Installing whole-home air conditioning will cost thousands of dollars around Athens, Ohio and isn't an option for those renting or with financial constraints. The most cost-efficient substitute are window air conditioning machines, but even these will cost hundreds of dollars. Replacing these units will be more costly than routine maintenance, making it a worthwhile investment in the long run.
Choosing to repair current window air conditioners versus replacing them may come down to your long-term plans. If you are planning to install central air in your house, repairing curent window units might be a necessary short-term solution. But window air conditioners also have advantages over whole-home systems, including energy efficiency, transportability, and being able to operate as supplemental cooling and heating with central air. Evaluate your requirements and goals and compare them to the cost of repairs offered by technicians on Thumbtack to decide if they will be acceptable.
How do I pick the right window air conditioner repair technician?
It would be a good idea to do your due diligence before choosing a window air conditioner repair contractor to ensure you get the highest quality services for your money. No matter if you're searching for routine maintenance or a one-off repair in Athens, Ohio, check for these key factors from the agency or contractor:
- Experience - There are many kinds of window air conditioners on the market, and some function with different systems and features. Always ensure the contractor you're considering has experience working with your specific brand of unit before hiring.
- Certification - You can verify that the technician has the proper licensing to conduct repairs in Athens, Ohio and any HVAC certifications.
- Guarantees - Your appliance might be under warranty from the maker, so ask your contractor about calculating that in the cost of repairs. Picking a contractor that provides warranties on their work will bring you added peace of mind.
- Business Hours - Standard business hours aren't always best for effectively cooling and heating your house. You may find window air conditioner repair professionals who offer on-call services in case your machine fails over the weekend and holidays.
- References - Most established contractors will show references from previous clients vouching for their skills and services. Check for online reviews to get a sense for how effectively the technician delivers quality repairs and customer service.
What problem is typically the most frequent with window air conditioners?
You don't have to wait until your window air conditioner stops working to look for repair services in Athens, Ohio. Assess your machine for any of these common issues to decide whether calling in an expert is warranted:
- Age - The average window air conditioner should last a decade, though regular maintenance can increase its lifespan to 15 years. Consider hiring an expert to conduct preventive maintenance if your unit is near its manufacturer-rated lifespan, especially if you notice any performance issues.
- Strange Noises - It's normal for a window air conditioner to make a little whistling or humming sounds as it turns on, but any loud bangs, pops, or grinding noises are concerning.
- Bad Smells - Any burning or musty smells coming from the window air conditioner as it runs could be a sign it needs to be cleaned and fixed. Wiring issues could result in a fire, while mold might be behind the mildew smell and be a detriment to your health.
- Increased Electric Bills - A broken window air conditioner might be using more power than is normal when functioning properly. Turn to a professional to repair the unit if you notice your bill going up more than usual whenever the unit runs.
Hire a Contractor for Window Air Conditioner Repairs in Athens, Ohio on Thumbtack
Experienced window air conditioner repair contractors in Athens, Ohio are standing by to be hired on Thumbtack. Repairing your transportable HVAC system will be cost-efficient if it's less than ten years old and any repairs don't exceed the cost of purchasing a new one. With the high price you can expect to pay for a quality window air conditioner and the affordable rates provided by repair professionals, you'll be doing a lot of favors for your finances and the comfort of your house by scheduling a service date as soon as possible.
Window air conditioners are self-contained cooling machines designed to be placed in a window or a specially constructed opening in the wall. These appliances are commonly used to cool individual rooms or small spaces and are popular for residential and business applications. Much less expensive than installing whole-home air conditioning, a window air conditioner will efficiently cool and heat a space any time of year. It's common for some components to finally fail from constant use, though scheduling routine maintenance from a contractor to clean and repair the unit in the spring and fall will help keep yours working when it's needed most.
No matter if you're looking for regularly scheduled maintenance or repairs when issues come up, an expert repair person has the tools and training to do the job quickly. Contractors providing AC repair are licensed to work with regulated substances like freon used in self-contained cooling systems. An expert will also have experience working with the many complex components inside these units and will even clean them to prolong their lifespan. Factors to consider when selecting a contractor for window air conditioner repairs include industry certification, client reviews, business hours, and cost. All this valuable information and more can be found on Thumbtack to help you easily and reliably maintain one of your home's most critical systems.