Find a Profesional in Akron, Ohio
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When is the best season for a roofing project?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a good time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a roofer. This means that waiting later in the year could be a better time to call a contractor.
Many roofers have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with the heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
What is the typical rate roofers charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Needless to say, the cost factor will vary with the products that are being used for your project.
What is the usual duration for a roof rebuild?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Akron, Ohio. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer can approximate a timeline for the job.
At which point should I consider getting a roof inspection conducted?
Many roofing contractors advise getting twice-yearly inspections for your roof since routine inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Akron, Ohio
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing maintenance professionals in Akron, Ohio. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, schedule an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.