Find a Profesional in Reno, Nevada
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Fireplace and Chimney Installation ProfessionalsFireplace and Chimney Installation // Nevada // Reno
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What should I expect to pay a roofing contractor for a roof replacement job?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What are the usual costs related to repairing a roof?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should reach out to a professional.
Any repairs that are major call for the attention of a roofer and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is the customary cost per square foot that roofers charge?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the materials being used and the labor. Needless to say, the cost factor will differ depending on what materials are being used for your project.
How long does it take for a roofing contractor to build a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofing specialist can estimate a timeline for the project.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Reno, NV
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Reno, NV. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and hire the right candidate for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.