Find a HVAC Profesional in Crescent Valley, Nevada
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The typical roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in Crescent Valley, NV. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to postpone the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Nevada // Crescent Valley
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Crescent Valley, NV
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Crescent Valley, NV. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.