Find a HVAC Profesional in Omaha, Nebraska
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few things that will establish the total cost. Mostly, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Omaha, NE
When you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Omaha, NE, then our platform is the answer. The roofing experts featured on our site have the knowledge and experience you need for your project. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Regular maintenance services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Find someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.