Find a HVAC Profesional in Elkhorn, Nebraska
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a good time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This is why waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time to call a contractor.
Many roofing contractors are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire property. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Elkhorn, Nebraska
You can count on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Elkhorn, Nebraska. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and find the best professional for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? Apart from leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.