Find a HVAC Profesional in Bellevue, Nebraska
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Bellevue, NE
When you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor in Bellevue, NE, then our platform is the answer. The roofing experts featured on our site have the skills and qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair company can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine repair services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.