Find a HVAC Profesional in Minot AFB, North Dakota
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this will extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will determine the total cost. Typically, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // North Dakota // Minot AFB
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Minot AFB, North Dakota
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Minot AFB, North Dakota. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, book a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of vetted roofing professionals.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free solution to find the right professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our platform.