Find a HVAC Profesional in New Florence, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in New Florence, Missouri. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Missouri // New Florence
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near New Florence, Missouri
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you find roofing maintenance contractors in New Florence, Missouri. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, book an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free way to find the right professionals for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.