Find a HVAC in Maryland Heights, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the normal cost of replacement services from a roofer?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
What should I estimate to fix my roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should leave them to the professionals.
Major repairs call for specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What do most roofing experts charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Needless to say, the cost factor will vary depending on what materials are being used for your project.
What's the approximate time needed for constructing a new roof?
The time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Maryland Heights, MO. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really postpone the project. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing professional will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Maryland Heights, MO
If you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Maryland Heights, MO, there's no easier way to find them. The roofing contractors featured on Thumbtack have the experience you’re searching for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our platform also collects useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy solution to find the right companies for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our app.