Find a HVAC Profesional in Louisburg, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The average roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in Louisburg, Missouri. Storms will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several things that will influence the overall cost. Usually, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Louisburg, Missouri
You can depend on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Louisburg, Missouri. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by providing you access to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and find the best candidate for your project.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Hire someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.