Find a HVAC Profesional in Liberty, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Liberty, MO. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to postpone the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential homes and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Generally, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Liberty, MO
When you need roofing maintenance services in Liberty, MO, then our platform is the answer. The roofing companies you'll discover on Thumbtack have the qualifications you need for your project. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roofing project.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy option to find the best contractors for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.