Find a roofer in Lees Summit, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your house. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could experience leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such an essential component of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The typical roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in Lees Summit, MO. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this will extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Missouri // Lees Summit
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Lees Summit, MO
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Lees Summit, MO. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's crucial to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many professional contractors available to assist. With our easy-to-use app, you can get quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Lees Summit, MO. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your home now.