Find a HVAC Profesional in Kearney, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The average roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a great job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Kearney, MO
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance contractors in Kearney, MO. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need professional, roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine maintenance services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Find someone who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.