Find a HVAC Profesional in Excelsior Springs, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a great time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This is why waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time for an appointment.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more severe weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your house. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Excelsior Springs, Missouri
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Excelsior Springs, Missouri. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, book a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from leakage or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.