Find a HVAC Profesional in Aurora, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire home. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such an important part of your property, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in Aurora, MO. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to postpone the job. If bad weather is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Missouri // Aurora
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Aurora, MO
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Aurora, MO. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
No one should deal with a damaged roof when there are so many professional roofers available to assist. With our easy-to-use app, you can get quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Aurora, MO. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your house now.