Find a Profesional in York, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Fireplace and Chimney Installation ProfessionalsFireplace and Chimney Installation // Maine // York
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When is the best time to get your roof serviced?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a great time for roofing services, it can be difficult to book time with a roofer. This means that winter could be a better time to schedule.
A lot of roofers have more down time during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
What is the regular rate per square foot that roofing specialists charge?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Needless to say, how expensive it will be will change with the products that are being used for your project.
What is the usual duration for a roof replacement?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this is going to delay the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
What is the recommended timing for scheduling a roofing appointment?
Many roofing contractors suggest twice-yearly inspections for your roof since regular inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in York, ME
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance companies in York, ME. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, book an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free solution to find the right contractors for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our app.