Find a HVAC Profesional in York Beach, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a great time for a replacement, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a better time to book.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near York Beach, Maine
You can depend on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in York Beach, Maine. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, so you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you access to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and hire the best professional for the job.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of licensed roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Find someone who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.