Find a HVAC Profesional in Windham, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get your roof replaced. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a popular time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This is why winter could be a more convenient time to call a contractor.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire house. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such an important component of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Maine // Windham
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Windham, ME
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Windham, ME. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement company to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine maintenance services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free option to find the best companies for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined with our platform.