Find a HVAC Profesional in Wells, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a common time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This is why winter could be a better time to call a contractor.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential component of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Maine // Wells
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Wells, Maine
When you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Wells, Maine, then our platform is the answer. The roofing contractors featured on Thumbtack have the qualifications you need for your project. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roofing repairs.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient solution to find the best companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our app.