Find a Profesional in Stoneham, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Fireplace and Chimney Installation ProfessionalsFireplace and Chimney Installation // Maine // Stoneham
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Stoneham, MaineSearch Results // Maine // Stoneham
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What should I expect to pay a roofing contractor for a roof replacement job?
It’s difficult to come up with a precise amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What kind of prices are affiliated with fixing a roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified two ways: minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should leave them to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major call for experience and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
What is the average rate roofing professionals charge per square foot?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Of course, how expensive it will be will vary with the products that are being used for your roof repairs.
What is the normal period of time to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing contractor can come up with a timeline for the job.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Stoneham, Maine
You can rely on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Stoneham, Maine. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and find the best professional for your project.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free option to find the best contractors for roofing maintenance services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.