Find a HVAC Profesional in South China, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in South China, ME. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Maine // South China
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in South China, ME
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in South China, ME. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, schedule an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other things to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by an expert. Routine repair services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. When you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.