Find a Profesional in Seal Harbor, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Fireplace and Chimney Installation ProfessionalsFireplace and Chimney Installation // Maine // Seal Harbor
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Seal Harbor, MaineSearch Results // Maine // Seal Harbor
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the typical cost charged by roofers for a replacement job?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Usually, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What is the cost for repairing a rooftop?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re worried about your safety, then you should reach out to a contractor.
Any repairs that are major do require the attention of a roofer and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is the customary rate per square foot that roofers charge?
Services for your roof can cost about $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Of course, the overall cost will change depending on what materials are being used for your project.
What is the usual duration to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The average roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this can really postpone the job. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Seal Harbor, ME
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing maintenance professionals in Seal Harbor, ME. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Apart from having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient solution to find the best professionals for roofing maintenance services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our platform.