Find a HVAC Profesional in Sangerville, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a popular time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This means that winter could be an easier time to book.
Many roofing contractors have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire home. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Maine // Sangerville
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Sangerville, Maine
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Sangerville, Maine. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse problems. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that a few of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed contractors ready to assist. With our streamlined app, you can get the finest roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Sangerville, Maine. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your home right away.