Find a Profesional in Sanford, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Fireplace and Chimney Installation ProfessionalsFireplace and Chimney Installation // Maine // Sanford
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Sanford, MaineSearch Results // Maine // Sanford
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
How much will a roofer charge for replacement?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will influence the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
What is the expected cost for roof repair services?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should contact an expert.
Major repairs do require experience and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is the rate for most roofers per square foot?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Needless to say, the overall cost will differ with the products that are being used for your project.
What's the timeframe for a roofer to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Sanford, ME. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really stall the project. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Sanford, ME
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance contractors in Sanford, ME. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, book an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also collects useful data to help you prior to browsing through our network of licensed roofing contractors.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. How do you know when you need a licensed, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing repair company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
No one should deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to assist. With our user-friendly platform, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Sanford, ME. Get the roofing services you need for your home right away.