Find a HVAC Profesional in Rumford, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Maine // Rumford
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Rumford, ME
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance professionals in Rumford, ME. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, book an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our platform also collects useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious problem and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Regular repair services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Hire someone who can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.