Find a HVAC Profesional in Portland, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire property. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential part of your property, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Portland, ME. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Maine // Portland
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Portland, ME
When you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Portland, ME, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing contractors you'll discover on Thumbtack have the experience you need for your project. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing repair company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Hire someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.