Find a HVAC in Ogunquit, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the typical duration to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing specialist can estimate a timeline for the project.
What is a good time for booking a roofing appointment?
Most roofers suggest twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
At what cost does a roofing professional charge for replacement?
It’s difficult to come up with a precise amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will establish the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What rate can be expected for roof maintenance services?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should contact a roofer.
Major repairs do require the attention of a professional and they are going to be more expensive. You can anticipate your major roof repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Ogunquit, ME
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Ogunquit, ME. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of qualified roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy solution to find the best companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.