Find a HVAC Profesional in Newport, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a popular time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This means that waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time to call a contractor.
A lot of roofing contractors are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such an important component of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Maine // Newport
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Newport, Maine
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Newport, Maine. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and find the right professional for your project.
It's crucial to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy solution to find the best professionals for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.