Find a HVAC in New Portland, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHVAC // Maine // New Portland
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near New Portland, MaineSearch Results // Maine // New Portland
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What season is good for a roof job?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a common time for roofing services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a roofer. This means that waiting until winter could be a more convenient time to call a contractor.
Many roofing companies are slow during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
What is the average price roofers charge per square foot?
Roofing services can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the roofing products being used and the labor. Needless to say, the overall cost will change depending on what materials are being used for the job.
What is the normal duration for a roof replacement?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The typical roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing contractor can estimate the hours for the project.
What is the recommended timing for booking a roof inspection?
The majority of roofers recommend biannual roof inspections since regular inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to consider is, by not having a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Maintenance Services in New Portland, Maine
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in New Portland, Maine. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, which means you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and find the best candidate for the job.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious problem and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair company can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to assist. With our user-friendly platform, you can get quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in New Portland, Maine. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your house now.