Find a Profesional in New Portland, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Fireplace and Chimney Installation ProfessionalsFireplace and Chimney Installation // Maine // New Portland
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near New Portland, MaineSearch Results // Maine // New Portland
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the proper time to request an inspection for my roof?
Most roofers suggest twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not getting an inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
What should I anticipate to pay a roofing contractor for a roof replacement?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a replacement is going to cost you since there are several things that will determine the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What cost can be expected for roof repair services?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about your safety, then you should reach out to a roofing professional.
Any repairs that are major call for the attention of a roofer and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
When during the year is good for roofing services?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a good time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a better time to book.
A lot of roofers have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in New Portland, Maine
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you find roofing maintenance contractors in New Portland, Maine. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, book a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also collects useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need a professional, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious issue and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy solution to find the right contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.