Find Window Air Conditioner Repair in Lisbon Falls, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Window Air Conditioner Repair Professionals nearWindow Air Conditioner Repair // Maine // Lisbon Falls
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT WINDOW AIR CONDITIONER REPAIR
Do window air conditioners have to get a freon recharge to deliver optimal performance?
Your window air conditioner is likely a closed coolant system that won't need to be recharged with freon at all throughout its service life. If it does ever need recharging, it typically means there is a leak in the unit, and you need a professional to handle the job. If the unit is not cooling properly, follow these recommended troubleshooting tips to help you know if the issue is related to low freon or something more likely:
- Inspect for Leaks - Look for greasy spots on or underneath the appliance and a musty or sweet smell. Freon is usually imperceptible to the senses in the case of a leak, but a major one might result in a detectable residue.
- Clean or Replace Filter - The manufacturer of your specific window air conditioner provides instructions on cleaning and replacing the filter, which, when dirty or clogged, will lower the unit's performance.
- Inspect the Coils - Your unit contains evaporator or condenser coils that also should be cleaned to ensure it operates efficiently.
- Check Ventilation - The condenser behind the unit requires adequate airflow to work. Ensure that nothing is obstructing the circulation, including plants or furniture, and remove them if so.
If you have zero experience conducting these troubleshooting steps or are uncomfortable doing them alone, consider enlisting a contractor to do it all for you. A window air conditioner repair technician in Lisbon Falls, ME will be able to establish which one of these issues is affecting its performance or if leaking freon is indeed the culprit. A professional can also tell if the leak is a result of a defective appliance, possibly saving you money if the manufacturer offers a warranty.
Are the costs of fixing a window air conditioner justified?
Installing central air will cost thousands of dollars around Lisbon Falls, ME and isn't an option for those renting or with financial constraints. The most cost-effective substitute is window air conditioning machines, but even these will cost hundreds of dollars. Buying new units will be more expensive than repairs, making it a worthwhile investment in many circumstances.
Opting to repair your window air conditioners rather than replacing them may come down to your long-term plans. If you are planning to install a whole-home HVAC system in your property, repairing curent window units might be a necessary short-term solution. But window air conditioners also have benefits over whole-home systems, like better energy efficiency, transportability, and being able to operate as supplemental cooling or heating alongside central air. Consider your requirements and goals and compare them to the price of repairs offered by technicians on Thumbtack to figure out if they will be worthwhile.
How should I choose a window air conditioner repair contractor?
It will be best to do your research when selecting a window air conditioner repair professional to ensure you get the highest quality services for your money. No matter if you're searching for routine maintenance or a one-off service near Lisbon Falls, ME, check for these key factors from the agency or contractor:
- Experience - There are hundreds of makes and models of window air conditioners available, and some function with a variety of systems and features. Always check that the professional you're vetting has experience working with your specific make and model by asking them upfront.
- Certification - You should verify that the contractor has the proper licensing to do repairs in Lisbon Falls, ME and any HVAC certifications.
- Guarantees - Your window air conditioner may be under warranty from the manufacturer, so ask your contractor about including that in the price of repairs. Picking a professional who offers guarantees on their work will bring you added peace of mind.
- Business Hours - Normal business hours aren't always ideal for effectively cooling and heating your house. Consider window air conditioner repair technicians who provide on-call services in the event your unit fails over the weekend and holidays.
- References - Most dependable contractors will show references from previous customers confirming their skills and professionalism. Check for online reviews to understand how efficiently the contractor provides quality work and customer service.
What are signs that I may need window air conditioner repair?
You shouldn't wait until your window air conditioner goes out to find repair services in Lisbon Falls, ME. Inspect your unit for any of these common issues to know if calling in a contractor is warranted:
- Age - The typical window air conditioner will last ten years, though regular repairs can increase its service life to 15 years. Consider employing an expert to perform preventive maintenance if your window air conditioner is nearing its prime, particularly if you notice any performance issues.
- Odd Noises - It's common for a window air conditioner to make a little whistling or humming noises as it turns on, but any loud bangs, pops, or grinding noises are indicative of a problem.
- Bad Smells - Any burning or moldy smells emanating from the window air conditioner as it operates means it should be repaired. Wiring issues are a fire hazard, while mold may be behind the mildew smell and be a detriment to your health.
- Higher Electric Bills - A damaged window air conditioner may be using more electricity than is normal when functioning correctly. Hire a contractor to repair the unit if you notice your bill going up more than usual whenever your machine runs.
Choose an Expert for Window Air Conditioner Repairs in Lisbon Falls, ME With Thumbtack
Professional window air conditioner repair contractors near Lisbon Falls, ME are waiting to be found on Thumbtack. Repairing your transportable HVAC unit can be cost-effective if it's less than ten years old and any repairs don't exceed the cost of buying a new model. With the high price you can expect to pay for a good window air conditioner and the affordable rates offered by repair contractors, you'll be doing a lot of favors for your finances and the comfort of your home by scheduling a service date as soon as possible.
Window air conditioners are closed cooling units made to be placed in a window or a specially constructed opening in a wall. These units are commonly used to cool single rooms or small spaces and are popular for home and business environments. Much more affordable than installing central air, a window system can effectively cool and heat a space any season of the year. It's common for some components to finally fail from heavy use, though scheduling routine maintenance from a professional to clean and inspect the unit in the spring and fall will help keep yours working when you need it most.
No matter if you're looking for regularly scheduled maintenance or repairs as issues arise, an expert repair professional will have the tools and experience to do the job quickly. Contractors providing AC repair will be certified to work with regulated chemicals like freon used in closed cooling systems. A contractor will also have experience working with the many intricate parts inside these units and can even clean them to prolong their service life. Factors to consider when choosing a contractor for window air conditioner repairs include professional certification, customer reviews, business hours, and price. All this valuable information and more is compiled on Thumbtack to help you conveniently and reliably maintain one of your home's most critical systems.