Find a HVAC in Leeds, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHVAC // Maine // Leeds
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Leeds, MaineSearch Results // Maine // Leeds
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is a good time for roofing projects?
No matter what time of year it is, you can call a roofer for roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a good time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This is why waiting until winter could be an easier time to call a contractor.
Many roofing companies have more down time during the winter, but you could be putting up with more severe weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the customary rate per square foot that roofers charge?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the roofing products being used and the labor. Of course, the cost factor will change with the products that are being used for the job.
What's the estimated time needed for constructing a replacement roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which time is best to set up a roof inspection?
Many roofers suggest twice-yearly roof inspections since regular inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not having an inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Leeds, Maine
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Leeds, Maine. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, book an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from leakage or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Find someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.