Find a HVAC Profesional in Hollis Center, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to postpone the project. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will establish the total cost. Generally, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Maine // Hollis Center
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Hollis Center, Maine
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Hollis Center, Maine. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and hire the right professional for the job.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of licensed roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the life of your roof. How can you tell when you need professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention immediately. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified contractors available to help. With our streamlined platform, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Hollis Center, Maine. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your house now.