Find a HVAC in Hiram, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHVAC // Maine // Hiram
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Hiram, MaineSearch Results // Maine // Hiram
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the standard cost charged by roofing professionals for a roof replacement job?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several things that will determine the total cost. Generally, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What is the rate for fixing a rooftop?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should contact an expert.
Any repairs that are major do require experience and they are going to be more expensive. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is the normal pricing per square foot for roofing services?
Services for your roof can be about $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the roofing products and the labor. Of course, the cost factor will change depending on what materials are being used for your project.
How long does it typically take to get a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really delay the job. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofing contractor can estimate a timeline for the job.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Hiram, Maine
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Hiram, Maine. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by giving you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for the job.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention at once. A roofing repair company can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.