Find a HVAC Profesional in Hallowell, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Maine // Hallowell
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Hallowell, Maine
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Hallowell, Maine. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that a few of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Hire someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.