Find a Profesional in Gouldsboro, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Fireplace and Chimney Installation ProfessionalsFireplace and Chimney Installation // Maine // Gouldsboro
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Gouldsboro, MaineSearch Results // Maine // Gouldsboro
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
At what time should I think about getting an inspection for my roof?
Many roofers recommend biannual inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not getting an inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
How do roofers normally charge for labor for a replacement?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are a few things that will influence the total cost. Commonly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
How much does it cost to fix the roof?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should contact a roofer.
Any repairs that are major call for specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
When should I book an appointment to have roofers come out?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a good time for roofing services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a roofer. This is why waiting until winter could be an easier time to call a contractor.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Gouldsboro, ME
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you find roofing maintenance companies in Gouldsboro, ME. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.